The Critical Needs Initiative (CNI) began in 2020 as a response to the Covid-19 pandemic. M4CF has determined that there is still a need to support those living with CF and their families who are experiencing financial hardships.
If you or a family member is living with CF and are experiencing financial hardship, M4CF may be able to help ease the financial burden of groceries and fuel.
To be eligible for assistance, you or a family member must be living with CF and meet the following criteria:
- You are an active client of a CF Care Center located in Georgia or you are a Georgia Resident working with the CF Foundation COMPASS Program.
- You have received the M4CF Critical Needs Initiative application from your social worker, case manager, or another member of the healthcare team.
- You are experiencing a financial hardship as a result of reduction in income or increase in expenses.
NOTE: All prospective applicants should make an attempt to first apply for other community and/or government programs (e.g. unemployment benefits, school lunch replacement, mortgage forbearance) prior to submitting the M4CF Critical Needs Application.
Due to limited funding availability, Miles for Cystic Fibrosis may not be able to approve all grant requests.
Assistance is available for grocery or fuel expenses.
How to Apply
To apply, please contact your CF team’s social worker or coordinator.
Please direct all inquiries to Our Critical Needs Team.
Important Grant Details
- Talk to your CF Clinic Social Worker for application information.
- Support is available in grocery and/or fuel gift cards.
- Monthly support is available up to $1,000 per patient per calendar year.
- Special circumstances will be reviewed with the CF care team