by Liz Revilla (inspired by The Food Charlatan)
Vertex Education Ambassador, Nutrition
Prepared by Rima Manomaitis
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add garlic, olive oil, cumin, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to coat. (Line a large sheet pan with foil if you want super easy cleanup)
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto the sheet pan and rub it all over the pan (or foil) with your hand. Or you could spray it really well with nonstick spray.
- Pour the veggies onto the pan.
- Roast at 400 for about 40-45 minutes. The veggies are done when they are brown and a fork slides into them easily.
- Place the veggies in a serving bowl and toss with 1-2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to taste. Enjoy!
Servings: 6 servings (1 cup)
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Fat: 12 grams
- To INCREASE calories: Add 3-4 ounces of your favorite protein to make this a complete meal! (+150-200 calories).
- To DECREASE calories: Reduce serving size to ½ cup (-95 calories).
TO MAKE THIS GLUTEN FREE:
This recipe is already gluten free!