by Liz Revilla (inspired by Happy Kids Kitchen)
Vertex Education Ambassador, Nutrition
Prepared by Rima Manomaitis
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 1/3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 scoop vanilla Whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup optional toppings such as mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender in the order they are listed above. Blend until oats are finely ground and all ingredients are well incorporated. Scrape the sides and bottom of the blender one time and blend again for a few seconds to make sure all ingredients are mixed into the batter.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin with the batter using a scoop or a large spoon. Fill each muffin cup almost to the top. These muffins will rise a little then fall back down after baked. Top with any additional toppings as desired.
- Bake until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack. Cool completely then enjoy.
Servings: 12 muffins
Calories: 180 (without additional toppings)
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Fat: 7 grams
- To INCREASE calories: Use full-fat Greek yogurt and add ¼ cup chocolate chips and ½ cup chopped pecans (+40 calories per serving).
- To DECREASE calories: Use non-fat Greek yogurt and omit optional toppings (-40 calories per serving).
TO MAKE THIS GLUTEN FREE:
Use gluten-free rolled oats.