by Liz Revilla
Vertex Education Ambassador, Nutrition
Inspired by “Taste of Home”
Prepared by Rima Manomaitis
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (or alternative of your choice)
- 1 cup avocado oil (or alternative of your choice)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, sugar and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and pecans.
- Pour into 2 greased 9×5-in. loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Servings: 32 (2 loaves – 16 slices each)
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Fat: 10 grams
- To INCREASE calories: Spread with 1 Tbsp butter or nut butter (+100 calories).
- To DECREASE calories: Omit pecans from recipe (-50 calories).
TO MAKE THIS GLUTEN FREE:
Use gluten free flour instead of whole wheat flour.