by Liz Revilla
Vertex Education Ambassador, Nutrition
Prepared by Rima Manomaitis
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal or chia seeds
- Optional toppings: Toasted almonds or walnuts; dried fruit, such as raisins, cranberries, or apricots, additional maple syrup
Add the ingredients to a 16-ounce mason jar or other individual storage container in the order listed above: oats, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, diced apples, almond milk, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, and flaxseed/chia seeds. Do not shake. Seal jar and refrigerate overnight (or up to 5 days). You can also layer the ingredients in a bowl, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
When ready to eat, shake the jar to combine the ingredients or empty the contents of the container into a serving bowl and stir to combine. Add a little more Greek yogurt or almond milk if a thicker/thinner consistency is desired. Add any desired toppings and enjoy!
Servings: 1 jar (without additional toppings)
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 45 grams
Fat: 7 grams
- To INCREASE calories: Add optional toppings as desired (+30-50 calories/Tbsp).
- To DECREASE calories: Decrease oatmeal to ⅓ cup and decrease flaxeed/chia seed to ½ Tbsp (-100 calories).
TO MAKE THIS GLUTEN FREE:
Use gluten free oatmeal if needed.